Bosch REAXX Saw
This might be old news but bosch is promising shipments by July 1st of this year.

http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/table-saw...23711189711ed55
I wish BOSCH well. Competition improves product offerings....
Anyone seen any pricing on that saw yet?
thanks,
Bob
"All that I do or say is all that I ever will be"

Billy Joe Shaver, Old Five and Dimers Like Me
As soon as the Bosch saw was talked about the finger nanny Steve Gass sued Bosch because he doesn't want any competition. From all reports I've read the 2 technologies are nothing alike. I hope Bosch slams him in court. But I doubt until the courts are settled that Bosch wants to crank out a million of something they may be forced to change, or abandon. I really do hope Bosch wins big. I think the idea of SS is great if you want it, but I have issues with some person forcing his junk on me through regulation, and he would like very much to do that. Count me as a non Gass person. Pooooot
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Steve N said:

As soon as the Bosch saw was talked about the finger nanny Steve Gass sued Bosch because he doesn't want any competition.

You don't have to like Gass, but come on man. Tone down the hyperbole.

IF you have a patent and you believe someone has infringed on your patent, you MUST sue them. If you do NOT sue them, you can have your patent(s) invalided for "failure to defense." (Hopefully I have the term correct, I'm not a lawyer.)
MattRadtke said:

[blockquote]Steve N said:

As soon as the Bosch saw was talked about the finger nanny Steve Gass sued Bosch because he doesn't want any competition.

You don't have to like Gass, but come on man. Tone down the hyperbole.

IF you have a patent and you believe someone has infringed on your patent, you MUST sue them. If you do NOT sue them, you can have your patent(s) invalided for "failure to defense." (Hopefully I have the term correct, I'm not a lawyer.)

[/blockquote]

Come on Man get yer nose outa his crack. I can just as easily say that. Stevey Gass has made attempts through the courts with absolutely NO competition to force every saw in America to have his technology. Now that there is competition, and it does not use the same technology, you call it hyperbole that I say he's a finger nanny. A person would have to ask how much of the cool aid you drank
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Steve N said:

As soon as the Bosch saw was talked about the finger nanny Steve Gass sued Bosch because he doesn't want any competition. From all reports I've read the 2 technologies are nothing alike. I hope Bosch slams him in court. But I doubt until the courts are settled that Bosch wants to crank out a million of something they may be forced to change, or abandon. I really do hope Bosch wins big. I think the idea of SS is great if you want it, but I have issues with some person forcing his junk on me through regulation, and he would like very much to do that. Count me as a non Gass person. Pooooot

+1
Alaskan's for Global Warming
Eagle River AK
Pricing will be around $1400.00 IIRC.

The two technologies are NOTHING alike. I have seen the Bosch up close and personal. The Bosch also has a two-use reversible cartridge that will cost less per trigger than the SawStop.

The Bosch is really only competition to the SawStop Jobsite saw. I have used the jobsite saw, it is nice overall and has some cool features.

One thing I do NOT like about the SawStop jobsite saw is the miter gage that comes with it. Aluminum bar, plastic head, the bar is very loose in the slot and has NO adjustment. It looks like a Harbor Freight unit. NOT what I would expect from a $1400.00 saw.

Ralph
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
handi said:

Pricing will be around $1400.00 IIRC.

The two technologies are NOTHING alike. I have seen the Bosch up close and personal. The Bosch also has a two-use reversible cartridge that will cost less per trigger than the SawStop.

The Bosch is really only competition to the SawStop Jobsite saw. I have used the jobsite saw, it is nice overall and has some cool features.

One thing I do NOT like about the SawStop jobsite saw is the miter gage that comes with it. Aluminum bar, plastic head, the bar is very loose in the slot and has NO adjustment. It looks like a Harbor Freight unit. NOT what I would expect from a $1400.00 saw.

Ralph

That is the list price.

Of course, the list price of the current 4000 is several hundred higher than the street price. Depending on how things go, Bosch could drop the price substantially to inflict as much damage on SS as possible.

They could also license their technology to manufacturers of cabinet saws.

I guess time will tell.
"Links to news stories don’t cut it."  MsNomer 3/2/24
I wonder why saw stop and maybe others haven't used the same technology for other tools, stationary and portable.