Nice article
about some of our local turners/artists

link
If it don't hold soup, it's ART!!

Dry Creek Woodturning

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Although I like the art work, that is just something I do not care to make or do.

I do like embellishing wood but still like the wood to show too. To me that kind of painting should be on canvas but everyone to their likes or dislikes.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Funky.
Arlin Eastman said:

Although I like the art work, that is just something I do not care to make or do I do like embellishing wood but still like the wood to show too. To me that kind of painting should be on canvas but everyone to their likes or dislikes.

Arlin

Kind of funny, one of the reasons I left AAW was because of the strong emphasis on embellishments. Now I'm starting to explore that more just to broaden the customer base.
Nice collaborations.

Doug
That's quite psychedelic.
Bet they would look good under a black light.
Did they design posters in the 60's?
Nice work, but honestly, with that kind of embellishment, it's a whole lot less about turning and a whole lot more about the painting. I too, prefer that the wood plays a central role. One exception is whimsical turnings, e.g. what Hairy does. On the other hand, the turner is making some profit, and that's a pretty good motivator.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I think those are beautiful. The nice thing is different people have a hand in the design and adding their touch to the piece. Very well done Yak and the other artists as well.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Congratulations to Carol, Mike and Dan. It's nice to see them receive some well deserved national recognition.

That piece is amazing. The pictures don't do it justice. The wood is just the canvas but that doesn't diminish the piece in the least. Painting on a flat canvas is one thing. On a bowl you are dealing with compound curves. The layout alone will drive you crazy.

Twinn