I need to find some thick Mohogney
I tried Googling it but nothing but boards. I am looking for some 12/4 or 16/4 of at least 6" wide.

Dose anyone know where I can get some?

O and please add the LINK

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
You live far away, so I don't know any vendors that are local to you. I can say that finding thick mahogany shouldn't be too much of a problem.
Here's what you can expect:
Your best bet will be "Honduras Mahogany", or "Genuine Mahogany." That very same wood is sometimes called South American Mahogany or simply American Mahogany. It's called by other names too. What it's really called is Swietenia Macrophylla.
Thick planks of that type are most likely available in "pattern grade." Pattern grade, the stuff used by patternmakers to shape ship propellers (for example), is selected for smoothness, uniform grain, etc. It is often sawn thick because many big parts are needed for patternmaker's work. It is not chosen for figure. Wild grain, ribbon, mottled ribbon, and other spectacular mahogany-type figure will not be found in pattern grade.
Best of luck.
Thank you Paul

I am just looking for plain stuff nothing fancy.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

gilmer both genuine and african
Thank You Angus

I forgot to add the same size in Cherry also.

Arlin

Arlin Eastman said:

Thank You Angus

I forgot to add the same size in Cherry also.

Arlin

Big cherry trees are less common. 12/4 cherry exists, but your challenge there is a tougher one.
I would have thought cherry would be much easier to get since there are lot of big cherry trees here in the US. I will have to keep my eyes open but if anyone finds some let me know please.

Arlin

Bell Forest Lumber lists 12/4 cherry on their website.
Most of the time you have to do a glue up for boards that thick. Almost impossible to dry log stock that thick to any kind of even moisture content. Gilmers is a good place for unusual stuff, and they charge you for it...

robo hippy
Robo

Glimer is one of the first ones I checked and they are VERY pricy.

I will check out Bell Forest and for the Cherry too.