A couple of CNC signs for our orchard
Today I carved up some signs for our orchard we just put in- the tree tags are carved from dunnowood (possibly maple) scavenged from a stack that the previous house owner left and the main orchard sign is from a piece of salvaged cedar from an old lean to that was on the property (and recently had to be taken down)

I am really liking my new CNC (A Shark HD) and am having fun putting it through its paces as I get to learn the differences between it and my previous CNC.

As always, thanks for looking,
Lawrence

Shazam!! You could be right!!!!!!!
- Timberwolf, 12/23/14

my portfolio
http://s171.photobucket.com/user/ldr_klr/slideshow/portfolio?sort=6
Very

I don't have a CNC, but IMO for signs they are the perfect application.
Very cool. I was wondering how your new cnc was doing.

You're on the edge of a runway?
Why earplugs?
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
shoottmx said:

Why earplugs?

Our place has the star... the thing with the "25" on it gets 5000 sorties a year, including a bunch (about 3K) by Naval Aviators in EA-18 Growlers. It can get noisy during the week.. but weekends (and winters) are bliss. As a side advantage, no one complains about my tools making too much noise

These were taken through windows in our house...(with a zoom)

Lawrence
Shazam!! You could be right!!!!!!!
- Timberwolf, 12/23/14

my portfolio
http://s171.photobucket.com/user/ldr_klr/slideshow/portfolio?sort=6
Nice signs, Lawrence! Just couldn't get too far away from aviation after you retired, eh? My Dad was career AF (meteorologist), so I spent my first 18 years on AF bases. Then I joined the Army and my first two assignment were - on Air Force bases! I've spent the last 24 years working for a defense contractor - always with an active runway at the facility. I think if I didn't hear or see airplanes, I'd feel lost.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Cool. We live near a Naval air station that was closed a few years ago, light (read quiet) civilian use now.

Plenty of flight time in my background, was a door gunner on a Huey gunship in The Nam thru most of '68.

BTW, the signs look great!

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
I really like the weathered look with the carving. When did you get the new machine?

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

Nice signs and neat property.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.