Flashback
I am in the process of selling my parents house after my Mom passed away this Jan. I cleaned the house and fixed what needed fixing. The house is 99 years old but my Dad put a second floor on in 1961. I remember helping him as a youngster and I was having some flashbacks to the work he put in it. He basically had the double dormers put on and he did the entire interior. The Realestate agent selling the house commented on the beautiful woodwork and floors. Nothing was ever redone to refinish any of it. Only painting over the years.

My point of this is I remember my Dad had a flooring company install all the wood floors and they finished it with a product that I think was called Fabalon. I think the base coat was called Fabaloy. Does this ring any bells to anyone and dare I ask is it still on the market. It was oil based because I remember the fumes Just reminiscing. That was some tough finish to last all those years. Still looks great today.
John T.
There IS a Fabulon brand polyurethane.
VH07V  
<a href="C:\Users\Kreuzberg\Desktop\fabulonpolysatin.gif" >Fabulon</a>

Great stuff!
I guess I was spelling it wrong and that is why I did not find it. Still around. It was great stuff. I still believe there was another product called Fabuloy which was a finish for woodwork trim. That was 55 years ago. Talk about a tuff finish.
John T.
It's a very durable finish - actually formulated for bowling alleys! I've been using it on a kitchen remodel - super tough, slight amber, sprays right out of the can, relatively inexpensive. A local home builder got me on to it - said it's all they use on their trim.