stupid mistake... Need suggestions
theeviltwinn said:

OMG. I know that guy.

My brother-in-law's cousin is married to that guy's proctologist.

Twinn

Yep, that's him. What a pain in the butt.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently motivated fool.
dow said:

Yep, it's going the right way.

In rereading the thread, it sounds like the issue might be that the spindle is not really locked, so here is another idea.

This lathe has an outboard spindle,doesn't it? Get two nuts to fit that spindle and thread them onto the spindle with a nylon washer between them!!;-) Tighten them against each other to make a jam nut. Use the wood in the chuck to brace the chuck against the bed. Put a socket over the jammed nuts on the outboard spindle, put a breaker bar on the socket, and a pipe "cheater bar" on the breaker bar. Rotate CCW. This will allow you to apply a lot of force to the chuck/spindle, but be careful - you could twist the spindle if you apply too much force. Another option if you have impact tools is to use the impact on the nuts.

This will work around the spindle lock, you are effectively holding both sides of the attachment point. You can pretty readily apply 1000 ft-lbs or more of torque this way, and if that doesn't break it loose, something must be really wrong, like the spindle is pressure welded or something like that.
Any luck removing the chuck??
Need a chuck status update, please.
Bob Atchison said:

Yes, what the chuck?
Bob Atchison said:

Still no update....

My guess is he finally figured out he was tightening it rather than loosening it.
I think you are correct.
How do you tell a guy he is chucking up?
I wonder what the chuck happened.
Chuck off?
"I'm glad being trapped in the woods hunted by an insane militia made you ask the big life questions."

Check out my Project Blog
(04-05-2016, 03:18 PM)dow Wrote: Yep, it's going the right way.

Did you ever resolve this?  What was the issue and solution?