drip proof bathroom faucet?
Okay, so perhaps I'm asking for the impossible,
but I'm getting tired of replacing washers and parts to this bathroom faucet.
So I'm in the market to just replace this thing - not going to a box store for this either

There are five of us living here and this particular faucet gets used a lot.

What brand(s) have you used and found to be the most durable and drip proof?

Of course it has to have suitable ascetics for loml and not be institutional looking.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Ray
Washerless design.

I buy the more expensive brands at the HD, like Pfister or Moen. Maybe Amer. Standard or Kohler. Starting in the $80+ price range.

I've bought/installed faucets from plumbing supply houses as well. Main difference? Metal innards versus plastic.
Yeah, while this faucet was not real cheap, it still has plastic innards.
It has two plastic faces with a butterfly shape on one face countering butterfly holes on the other for open and closed positioning.
It seems to me that this is an inherently weak design bound to fail sooner or later regardless of usage.

Perhaps I should look for a good ball valve design?

++1 on that signature btw
Ray
Yeah you need something with ceramic seats. Or a couple ball valves 90s and a tee. Ugly but incredibly reliable.
+1
I have 2 deltas I installed about 7 years ago. Still dripless.
Stay away from kohler, the quality is good, but the replacement parts are stupidly overpriced.
will the outside of the box state all metal parts? I hate drips and leaks.
mark
Ignorance is bliss -- I'm very, very happy
Do you have a water softener?
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
I do not have a water softener - but that's on my to-do this year.

I know that will help, but none of my other faucets leak.
Ray
As others have suggested, go with a name brand ceramic washerless faucet. Rather than rubber washers, they use two ceramic disks with pie shaped holes. One stays stationary while the other is rotated with the handle. When the holes line up, the water flows. They are very smooth and trouble free. However, mine are not immune to drips. I think, in time, (maybe a couple of years) the rubbing surfaces develop some deposits of some sort. At worst, all I have to do is take them apart, wipe them off, and reassemble. Usually, I can remove the handle and remove the little detent that limits the handle rotation and, with the water running, rotate the handle around and around a few times. This cleans out the crud.
K. L, McReynolds said:

Washerless design.

I buy the more expensive brands at the HD, like Pfister or Moen. Maybe Amer. Standard or Kohler. Starting in the $80+ price range.

I've bought/installed faucets from plumbing supply houses as well. Main difference? Metal innards versus plastic.

A Moen two-handle lavatory faucet that sells for $875 uses the same cartridge as a $40 Moen two-handle faucet. The only difference in Moen faucets available at big box stores is their bath/shower faucets use 1/2" IPS because their DIY'er customers can not sweat pipe without ruining the new faucet. Moen products sold at supply houses are CC. If you are running extremely hard water you will have problems with any faucet. Price Pfister is a low quality faucet.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.