Show me your shop apron/vest
This is mine -

Came with no pockets, but daughter added them and I reinforced them with a few rivets. If I do headstand everything falls out of the pockets, but I try to not make a practice of that. I like the leather - it doesn't burn unless you really try hard and will deflect most sharp things unless you're really determined. It is warm, but like Ruffcutt said, that isn't much of a problem around here. Straps cross in the back so there's no weight on my neck and a quick release buckle makes for easy on and off. Bottom edge is just above my knees.
He lost me at, "I made it myself......Ya, I'm pretty awesome."

I've seen a few of his videos, the guy has talent, but a little humility goes a long way.
Gary

Living under the radar, heading for "off the grid."

I've been looking for years for a shop vest. Light, strong fabric which sheds sawdust - mesh back for cool. Short so I can still reach my jeans pockets. A couple of lower pockets, small tape measure size, a couple of pen/pencil pockets on each side chest area, and a few magnets sewn in in suitable spots for small rules or to hold a few screws. Styled to leave on for a trip to the hardware store. I think I've found a seamstress that can make it for me.
This is the best thing on the market.
Linky.
I own 3 of them for various tasks.

Mine.
I prefer this one from Bucket Boss. It's not so long that it impedes bending over, the straps are adjustable & wide enough to be comfortable all day, and the pockets allow for quick/easy access.

I don't carry a lot of tools in my apron. A 16' tape, 7" adjustable square, box cutter, mechanical & carpenter's pencils, 6" rule, and a couple o' Sharpies. Basically all the items I need for basic layout, measuring, and marking...

Dave
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
bandsaw said:

I've been looking for years for a shop vest. Light, strong fabric which sheds sawdust - mesh back for cool. Short so I can still reach my jeans pockets. A couple of lower pockets, small tape measure size, a couple of pen/pencil pockets on each side chest area, and a few magnets sewn in in suitable spots for small rules or to hold a few screws. Styled to leave on for a trip to the hardware store. I think I've found a seamstress that can make it for me.

I assume your seamstress found a woodworker to make a few things for her as well
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
The relationship is business but I do have a credit for work done.
packerguy® said:

I have the Duluth trading firehose bib apron. Ive had it for 6-7 years. Awesome. I wear it to mainly keep clean and glue off of me. Outside the shop, I have a 3 pocket tool belt.

+1 on this...love mine
vernonator said:

[blockquote]packerguy® said:

I have the Duluth trading firehose bib apron. Ive had it for 6-7 years. Awesome. I wear it to mainly keep clean and glue off of me. Outside the shop, I have a 3 pocket tool belt.

+1 on this...love mine

[/blockquote]

+2 on the Duluth. Very tough material and light.

Once I wear the the Duluth out (which may be a long time), this one is on my wish list....

Texas Heritage Apron
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV