"The shower stall looks dingy" according to LOML
I would try buffing it first. Works great on the boat.
Mike

Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Be careful... Be very careful, this is the classic "honeydo" sliding slope.
My wife's was even more innocuous.

Wife: Well, I suppose I should mop the kitchen floor.
But, it never looks clean. I suppose I should strip the old wax off that vinyl flooring. Can you help me move the refrigerator?
(move, slide, move)
Oh, look, it was really bad under the frig. And look how the wall paper is peeling. (pulls edge of tiny piece of peeling paper... rrrripppp)
You know, I was tired of that paper anyway. I think it would look better painted.
What will it take to get the paper off and the walls ready to paint.
You know, the cabinets would be the wrong color with the new paint. Wouldn't it be easier to paint them if we removed the cabinets?
Before we paint, how hard would it be to put a couple more outlets in?
As long as the cabinets are out it would be a good time to replace the flooring.

Me: Ah, yeah, do we still have to mop it, then?
Did you at least get to keep your old appliances?
OP: Would bleach work? Maybe a lot of Simple Green and a little elbow grease? (not mixed with bleach - I'd presume that is a bad idea).
You might be pleasantly surprised what a thorough clean and then a coat of tub polish can do.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Yep, vinegar and scotchbrite is my first option, with some bleach applied to the other side for a comparison.

Buffing, wet-sanding and repainting is definitely not on my list of preferred options.
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Nope. Check for a bottle of Gel Gloss or similar. Like a car polish for acrylic coated fibreglass.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Lowes and HD both have it.

Sounds like what I need.

I'll try a bottle.
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Go to a professional cleaning supplies sales outlet. Buy TANGO. It is a paste grafitti remover. Will make it look brand new. Have used it myself on a varity of surfaces including fiberglass shower units. Very pleased with the results.
It's gel-coat so I wouldn't use any abrasive rougher than maybe 2500 or 3000 grit. If you can get your hands on a buffer, you could use Trizact 3000 grit on your ROS as long as you have the velcro backer. I know it's 6" but I use it on a 5" disc all the time. Make sure you use a spray bottle with water to keep everything wet. I add a couple drops of Dish soap per quart to aid lubrication and to help prevent the abrasive from clogging. You can probably do the whole unit with one pad. These are loaded with diamond dust, you won't dull it but you can clog it up if you don't keep it wet.

Then buff it with a good compound. You can also get a small velcro backed buffing pad for your ROS. If you need compound, I can send you some.

Hopefully you have a 90 degree ROS/DA sander but a palm sander (can't stand those thing) should work too, it will just take longer.

This is how you make an old boat look new.