A simple and quick project that should make for two happy girls.
I'm in the middle of making a couple desktop picture frames for my daughter and one of her friends. Between work and everything else it is taking a bit longer than I wanted, so I decided to do something quick and something I could give them something right off. They don't know about the frames, but I couldn't wait to give them something. They are cut from ~2" purple heart squares. I started with a square about 3/4" thick and resawed it on the band saw to make them thinner. After roughing the shape on the band saw the rest was done with various powered sanders. I think I'll be making more of these and see if I can get a few bucks for them, at the place where I have some turning items on consignment.

The second picture shows the first happy girl and she will be giving the other one away tomorrow. Now I'm really looking forward to getting the frames done.

Thanks for looking
Bob
Bob, they look great, no doubt the girls loved them.
Cool idea.

Good use for those odd offcuts of special figured wood too. Got some little chunks of crotch Walnut and Juniper that my girls would love made into some of those.
ianab said:

Cool idea.

Good use for those odd offcuts of special figured wood too. Got some little chunks of crotch Walnut and Juniper that my girls would love made into some of those.

Thanks guys. I'm happy to report girl two was very happy and her mom reports it really brightened her daughters day, after a rough couple weeks.

Bob
Can't ask for a better reception or purpose than that.