How do I get a washing machine into a drain pan?
Since my machine decided to let go (I posted about this previously), I purchased a pan that can be put under the machine and plumbed to catch and divert any water outside.
Problem is how do I get it into the pan?
Kind of tight so lifting from either side won't be possible and anyway I'm not strong enough to lift that kind of weight.
Anyone got an idea how to finess this in?
VH07V  
Unhook the electrical cord, water lines and drain hose. Lay a 3-4' tubafor about 6" from the bottom on the floor and tip the machine over on top of it so the bottom is elevated and the tubafor is fully supporting the machine. Protect the top edge by having the machine land onto a towel or a rug to protect it from being scratched. Install the pan on the bottom securing with tape by strapping the pan to the sides. Upright the machine and hook it back up for service.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
Tip it up on one foot put the pan under it. Put it back down, and tip it up on the foot across from it that is in the the pan, pivot the pan around until the first foot is within the pan, put it back down, slide pan and machine into its new home.
The pan will be stationary, plumbed in place, correct?

Might try two of those furniture moving coasters under the front legs. Position the washer for a straight push into place, insert the coasters under the front, tilt back up to clear pan, push until coasters hit pan, tilt front and finish sliding.
EightFingers said:

Anyone got an idea how to finess this in?

Anyway you cut it, it is a two man job.. Send me a airline ticket and when the mailman sludges through the snow to my house I will be right there.

Seriously the two x four trick or some variation should work. I moved a gun safe over curbing, thresholds and across the basement myself with some short various sized pieces of plastic conduit.