Skim coating a painted wall?
Cooler said:

I ordered the magic trowel and it will arrive tomorrow. Does anyone know what type of roller to use?

Use a regular paint roller with a 1/2" nap and follow the other tips at the bottom of the following link. The link also has a video you can watch.

http://www.texmaster.com/magictrowel.html
Finished, primed, painted, installed cabinet boxes and I need a vacation.

Lessons learned: I can't work as fast as quick set mud sets up, don't run the drill too fast or I'll get bubbles in the mud.

Second and third coats were diluted all purpose compound.

Thanks again, Bill
I use regular lightweight mud,thinned down just a little. It has an adhesive already in so no bonding agent needed. The subsurface cannot be flaking. If that happens the top layer will come off. Don't know the level of your drywall skills. I always do 2 coats. That way I can get it perfecly smooth with no sanding. Hate sanding and it makes way too much dust. For me the second coat is worth it.
(10-27-2021, 11:11 AM)stoverix Wrote: What about the designer portfolio?

Confused

A weak spam attempt?
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Vancouver carpenter on youtube adds thinned white glue if it's going over paint.  I should have done that yesterday, going to have to skim coat one spot that had paint on it again because the surface is weird.
(10-27-2021, 09:35 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote:
Confused

A weak spam attempt?

Yes.
Laugh

I don't see how these spammers think that reviving a 5 year old thread doesn't raise suspicion.
Raised
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020