How to anchor flag pole holder in brick?
My son wants to mount a flag pole next to his front door. He has tried drilling into the brick, then mounting anchors and screwing the holder using masonry screws into the anchors. Next a 40mph. wind comes up and soon the screws and holder are loose. Is there a better way?
There should be a wall section to screw into behind the brick. I would get longer screws.
Mike

Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I've had the same experience. I found removing the anchors and setting an epoxy in the holes solved the problem.
Shame on the men who can court exemption from present trouble and expense at the price of their own posterity's liberty! - Samuel Adams
How big is the flag? 40 mph winds are tough on a flag and any mount.
It could be secured with large rubber bands or taken down till after the winds lay down.
If the anchors are turning in the hole remove them or punch them thru.
Pack the hole with lead,old wheel weights are fine. Now drill a small pilot hole for the screws and run the screws in.
Lead or Rawl plugs made from lead work well in brick.Sometimes expansion anchors will turn in brick and then the hole gets larger.
Tap Cons will work if you drill the brick,not the mortar joint.
mike
Push come to shove, take a 7/16" x 12" bit and drill the two holes all the way through the wall to the inside- these will be the markers to cut the 14 3/8" wide by 12" tall hole in the inside sheetrock. Take a 2x4 and rip 1/4" off of it. Frame the wall cavity using the ripped 2x4 and fasten it well to the existing studs then cover with a 1/4" steel plate and then cover with sheetrock. Re-drill each hole through the steel plate and sheetrock from the outside. Then run two 7/16" bolts through the flag mount, through the wall and fasten them to the inside using 28 lbs torque. Recess the nuts below the sheetrock- tape and float. You now have a mount that will take the wall out before it breaks.
Estrogen Hostage said:

There should be a wall section to screw into behind the brick. I would get longer screws.

Where do you find these five or six inch long #10 wood screws?
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
I have used 1/4 inch quick bolts and have held up for about 12 years now.
he either needs to screw into the solid part of the brick between the holes or he needs to screw into the mortar. He can also try putting a few small nails into the existing hole and then screwing the tapcon in. My old house was brick, I had a flag pole on brick with the screws screwed into the mortar. I had no issues.
The flag mounts are small and you can see the leverage is all wrong for bearing any shear tugging.
I would bolt the original mount on a larger metal plate (perhaps 6"x6"), then install the larger plate to the wall using good anchors that spread out and in metal not plastic.