How much is this saw worth ?
Don't have pics yet but it's in good condition, cleaned, will sell needing resharpening. It's a Disston from 1947-1953 D-8 from my research. Any ideas?
It's looks similiar to the one below. 26" I believe.

I'll give you a dollar for it.
Herb G said:

I'll give you a dollar for it.

I bought mine for <$20 and I see them on eBay well above $100, shined up and sharpened like the one in the pic you posted. The guy who did the work on the saw in the pic gets $140 or so, but he's well know, has lots of experience and a spotless reputation. So what yours is worth depends on the condition of the saw when it's offered and who finds it of interest.
A while back, I posted a cleaned and sharpened Disston thumbhole saw for $45. It sold in three minutes.

I have sold others in similar condition for $75.
Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
I bought one at a flea market last Summer for $5. I'm thinking maybe I got lucky.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

I have several I'm asking $1,000 for, but will accept $50.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Hard to say as condition is everything. You've got to see it an fondle it if possible, unless the seller is knowledgeable and points out the apologies. Depth of saw plate (you don't want it filed down all the way), lack of kinks, and rust pitting are the key condition issues; just because its "cleaned" doesn't tell me much. Personally, I don't worry much about the handle, as that can be repaired, but it affects price.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
ok, thanks for the input. I appreciate the saw which is why I bought it for $0.50 at a garage sale not knowing what it was at the time other than knowing it looked and felt like a quality saw. I didn't have any need for it but I liked it.

I did think 50 cents was a little low even not knowing what it was at the time.
Spending that 50 cents someone rolled over in their grave, but you saved it from the fate of the saw below

Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW