Drywall Stilts
work better if you have a helper, cause no matter how careful you are, you're gonna drop something you need.
work better if you don't take tiny steps. I spent an hour on mine and still wasn't walking anything close to normally.
work better if you have a helper to mix up the mud for you.

In the end, I moved faster with my 4' long scaffold than I did on the stilts.
I really regret learning how to do drywall finishing. That said, I have never got up the courage to try stilts- A plank set up at the right height always seems much safer for me.

Just came across this thread...I'm in the process of sanding down an ugly stippled ceiling texture. Did the initial sanding on a ladder...and then applied the first skim coat with the same ladder. I did alright...but lost a lot of time moving the ladder around. Broke down and bought a pair of stilts. Took me about 15 minutes of pacing back and forth to finally get up the courage to take my hand off the wall. Glad I did...because it made a huge difference in both the speed and smoothness of the second coat. Did the work in half the time, and being able to rotate my body around is what helped with the smoothness.

Can't agree more about the helper....thankfully I didn't drop anything...but I was stupid about leaving the shopvac in the room. Took what felt like forever to just move it and it's power cord to the other side of the room
I stepped on a power cord and went face first into a wall and down to the ground in slo-mo! I was using fans to dry the mud. I was much more careful after that!

They do save a bit of time! I usta sit on a 4' ladder and put them on. Stack the mud on another can and always have your backup knives ready in reach.

Al
I turn, therefore I am!

I used to use the empty mud buckets a little differently. I would set them upside down, around the room and run planks across them, so that I could reach the entire ceiling without getting off the plank. His solution is much more creative.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

I tried it by leaving the lids on and squashing the bails around my feet. It took not long at all to rethink that.
LOL! I like!
Love those bucket stilts. When I was a kid, I tried strapping short boards to my legs. Nothing worked. Buckets would have been the enjoyable solution. But then, we didn't have plastic buckets when I was a kid.
A tape measure with a magnetic end is a wonderful thing. Can grab lots of stuff...
Carpe Ductum (Seize the Tape)
There is no obstacle that cannot be overcome with the proper application of High Explosives.