UPS Delivers
Opened my package from Lee Valley and examined the reground shoe. Now to adjourn for an hour to see how things work. Let you in on the preliminaries. Anyone found any quirks or developed hints from theirs yet?
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
Works great on both groove and bead, but I am going to have to modify my wooden extension installed on the fence do do beading on the face of boards, because I have installed a nice wide and long one. Will try one merely longer to align the start of the groove, and only 3/4 or 1" wide for stabilization. Might have to keep a pair of fences, though quick change will require threaded inserts, so as not to get wobbly. Any other suggestions?
Mine arrived yesterday too. It took a bit over two weeks from the time I mailed it in. I still can't figure out what was done and I was also a bit confused about the depth stop fix until I compared it to the photo on the web site. I'll try to put it together this week and try out the beading cutters.
MichaelMouse said:

Opened my package from Lee Valley and examined the reground shoe. Now to adjourn for an hour to see how things work. Let you in on the preliminaries. Anyone found any quirks or developed hints from theirs yet?

Their what?
"I don't have time to measure twice!" My ex-coworker.
stmfitr636 said:

[blockquote]MichaelMouse said:

Their what?

[/blockquote] I guess it is a hand plane part.
stmfitr636 said:

[blockquote]MichaelMouse said:

Their what?

[/blockquote]

Small Plow Plane. http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.as...&cat=1,41182 The modified the skate from square-sided to square/beveled, so the bevel can ride in the space between beads.
Mine arrived on Tuesday. Put everything together and it's working great. I didn't order the beading blades at the time, so I'll have to wait for those to arrive. One thing they really didn't tell you is that one part that's bolted onto the shoe replaces one you took off prior to shipping it to LV. I spent about 15 minutes trying to figure how the old part fit onto the new shoe until I realized it was replaced with a new part. It's the oval-looking black piece with a wavy washer under it that clamps onto the depth stop.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill