What have I got here; a frankenplane?
A friend wandered into my shop door today with a plane, said "Thought that you might know something about this, Keep it" and wandered out.[img]/ssl_proxy.php?url=http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t538/oarlock/5%201-4%20%202016-03-28%20%203_zpsr0kui8gn.jpg" />http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t538/oarlock/5%201-4%20%202016-03-28%20%201_zpscdmrmfmr.jpg[/IMG]

It looks like a 5 1/4 Junior Jack (dimensionally), no frog adjusting screw and one piece twisted lateral level. The iron has a Sweetheart logo. What's throwing me is that the lever cap has a raised rectangular Stanley logo not the normal sunken logo: Could be from a transitional plane? I dunno: Help Please!
Stanley "Four Square" household jack plane.
Now that I know what it is, that's exactly what it is. Thanks a bunch Steve.
These can be tuned for fine work, but it's really too much trouble. However, they make good scrub planes, grind a big radius on the iron and go to town!
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I looked at that and thought it was a 5 1/4 footprint, after Steve jumped in with the 4 square description I Googled that, and one of the first hits had this to say, not sure of the quoted source, poster didn't say.

"Stanley household jack plane. This SW vintage 5 1/4 sized plane was manufactured from 1923-1930 as part of the cheaper Four-Square series. Marked Stanley on front and on lever cap. One of the very few Stanley planes that never had a number! I feel they are way under-valued, grab them whilst you can."

So maybe a winner winner chikun dinner plane

I'll have to take a closer look at the box of 5 1/4's I have
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Well, a little clean-up and little fettling and it works just fine. Either it had the worst Jappanning job ever, or was just painted at the factory as whatever passed as a finish coat was almost non-existent.