House warming gift
A work buddy took down a massive (3' diameter) plum tree from his back yard and gave me the clear part of the bole a few years ago. This is the second segmented turning I've made from the tree. The variety of the colors in the wood is very appealing to me, ranging from a pinkish tan to a lavender color.

I kept the design simple for the sake of production time. The rim and finial are african blackwood and the center disc in the lid is thuya burl. The finish is gloss lacquer in an eggshell finish.

He just completed a two year new home project so I figured I ought to give him a house warming gift for the gift of the wood he gave me.

Cellulose runs through my veins!
Very nice looking piece I'am sure he will love it!
That looks so nice. I never knew Plum trees grew so large.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
A turning made from "special wood" is always really appreciated. No doubt they will love it.
Steve K

Beautiful! Nice job.
I'm slow, but I do poor work.
Very nice. I like the form.
Doug
Very nice. It's a work of art.

How thick are the walls? Photos of the top off and the insides?
That is a gorgeous vessel, Steve! I like the combination of woods and the simplicity of design. I don't know that I've ever seen a plum tree 3' in diameter! That must have been one very old tree.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Really swell.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Nicely done.
I love the blackwood rim
Regards, Tod