Been using my router lift--a great help.
It only cost $28.00 so I was not expecting much, but it has been very precise and easy to use. I am pleased with it:

http://www.amazon.com/American-Education...ailpage_o06_s00

Not exactly as pictured; the adjusting knob is black and the paint is blue. It is supposed to be all stainless steel, but I suspect that only the platform is.

No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Nice, I'm envisioning using an old drill motor to power that thing for an automated height adjustment.

Duke
JDuke said:

Nice, I'm envisioning using an old drill motor to power that thing for an automated height adjustment.

Duke

I never felt the need for one. It adjusts pretty fast.
How about a picture?
Dan
I can post one on Monday. The jack is sitting on an inverted 5 gallon pail under the router table. No installation at all. I put the 5 gallon pail under the router and the Jack on the pail and raised the Jack until it made contact with the router. I'll take a picture today and post on Monday.
Nice idea, I'd have never thought of using that.
tag said:

Nice idea, I'd have never thought of using that.

It seems to be working fine. And of course it was cheap. My old Hitachi 1/2" router is a bear to adjust when it is upside down. Now it is a breeze. I will post pictures.
Hmm. An Ardunio a stepper control board and a stepper motor and a lcd readout and buttons and you have a nice lift. I can see so e other uses for that scissor lift as well.
Dan Jones said:

How about a picture?
Dan

The router is mounted on the right wing of my table saw. The router is hung below and it is resting on an inverted 5 gallon pail with two precision spacers to get it into the right range.

I keep telling myself it should be mounted on some dedicated stand but the KISS (keep it simple stupid) and the if-it-ain't-broke notions say "leave it alone".

Eventually I will build a small cabinet with drawers for it to rest on. But it works fine now:

Note: I don't rely on the scissor jack to lock in the bit height. I use it to adjust the bit height and then I use the router's own lock to lock it in.

It might be OK but I worry that vibration would cause it to move out of adjustment.