New plane and a question
I recently was able to purchase an old infill plane. I needed this plane for a simple reason... I liked the way it looked! (I will freely admit that I have a problem with tools.)

The 3/16 inch thick Marples iron has a twist in it. Though the chipbreaker mates with the end of the iron when pressed in front, tightening the screw results in a significant gap on one side of the end of the chipbreaker. Is there a way to eliminate the twist in the iron? I do not believe that the iron is laminated.

Thanks. I'd add a pic if I could figure out how to do so.
Can you see where the twist is in the iron when not under pressure from the breaker? If not flat, a hammer and anvil sound like it might work.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Personally, I have had greater success with the following technique:
1. determine where the twist occurs 2. clamp just below that area in (lined) vise 3. take hold of upper half (at appropriate location on blade) and twist back into flat

I have a 2' long crescent wrench whose jaw width is ideal for most blades, but any of a number of clamping devices could be employed.
I'll try both of these ideas. I assume that the entire iron is hardened steel. Is there a good chance that it will break rather than bend?
Keifer, there is always a chance, though if it was tempered correctly, it shouldn't break. If the twist is mostly far from the cutting end, you can put the cutting end in a metal vise just below the bend, use a propane torch to get it hot - not blazing hot - but say around 400 to 500 F, then follow Joe's technique on bending - the heat will help it move. You don't want to cut the cutting edge that hot, since that will lower the hardness, but the metal vise should act as a heat sink and keep that end okay. If you have a problem, send me the measurements of the iron, I have a few lying around.