Table pics and follow up to "twist advice needed"
Posting pics from the thread where I was looking for advice on a top that kept twisting on me. Here is the finished product. Pretty pleased overall. Still some twist but the weight of the legs and screwing it down has helped big time. The biggest regret is the top is now 7/8" and looks a little undersized, after starting with 5/4". I sand blasted the legs and constructed the top at home. Moved all of it 1400 miles where I painted the legs and finished the top and put together. It is now sitting in a vacation home. We will see what the humidity does to it this summer. Thanks to all who gave advice on the original twist advice that I sought.

Beautiful table and I think the top is plenty thick enough. Any thicker might look clunky. And I like the Seneca Falls base. This table could commemorate American women's suffrage because Seneca Falls is the town in New York where American women's first major push for equality began. Ken
Great looking table , that figure is awesome . Where did you get the legs from and are they still available ?
Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently. "HF"
I bought an old metal leg just for the legs. I removed them and then sold the lathe for the same price I paid.
Beautiful top and finish. Looks very airy and modern. Thicker top would seem clunky and old fashioned I think.

Looks very nice, that is some pretty wood. Love the re-purposed legs
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Add an apron. Most tables have one and that is probably why you think this looks unsubstantial. The design looks like it will allow it to be added after the fact.

See: https://www.google.com/search?q=table+sk...;q=table+aprons
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Just my $0.02 but on that table an apron would make it look more formal, and those legs are all about playful whimsy. I think you cannot improve on it by adding parts, again just my 2cents.......

The top is the feature, and had I not seen the pics a description would have made it seem like the top would be too thin, but seeing it, and that figured wood, I likey
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW