Kitchen Sink Faucet Repair (Pictures)
(04-07-2016, 07:41 AM)bpatters69 Wrote:
Quote:

In any case you have to address the seal on top that is leaking and caused that to rust out  

Bob,

You are right. I had to replace the sprayer because that started to leak. The more I think about it, I should probably just replace the whole thing. I have not looked at the faucet that closely but it must have been leaking.

I will see if Artisan replies to the email I sent them last night. We did not register the faucet for warranty purposes. They offer a lifetime warranty to the original owner and I have no way of proving that I am the original owner.

If we have to replace the faucet, I am going with Moen or Delta.

Thanks, Bill

Usually that from water leaking around the faucet to countertop joint. 

If you replace it beware that allot of the Moen stuff is cheap plastic. They have a company  slogan "Buy it for looks repair it for life". Delta has allot of low end stuff as well. 

I prefer pricepfister as theirs are all metal.  But don't go by brand so much but go by the build quality of the particular one you like. 

I want to find an older kitchen faucet because it takes forever to fill fill a pot or the sink. Not to mention it's one of those newer one holers with the sprayer that pulls out. The seperate sprayers are much much better... The next house may end up with a commercial kitchen faucet to get adequate water flow...
Bob, This is a necro-thread.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry