Found another invention of the devil...
and having it really sucks! We're moving, and the new house has ( ) the dryer vent set up for bottom discharge. It was bad enough converting our dryer ($50 parts kit and complete disassembly of the dryer, by a service man...another $65) but installing this thing was a nightmare. The only thing that saved me was a home made pedestal I had to use for my wife's disability....that allowed me to reach under it and make the connection; but it still took about 3 hours, lots of my best language, and a few trips to the home center to get something that would work. Fair warning to anyone considering this: RUN away from it.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
You mean bottom as in through the floor? Or at the bottom of the wall? If the latter I've never seen anything but that.
-Marc

Yep, bottom as in through the floor. The outlet is located about 8" (centered) toward the front. It's the first time I'd ever seen it as well. There may be a future job of redoing this to the rear discharge and put in a new vent. For sure if we have to get a new dryer.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Moving to my house (from my condo) twenty years ago probably ranks as the most stressful single event in my life. And it dragged on and on. It took 8 weeks to get phone service and I had to complain to the New York state governing agency to get that done.

On balance it was the aggregation of all the small things that made the move stressful.

I recommend Quaaludes.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
My dryer is hooked to a vent that comes up through the floor. The dryer has a rear discharge and the pipe is connected to the vent in the floor. It took the lowes delivery guys all of about 5 minutes to hook it up. I'm not sure what hte problem is unless your dryer also has a discharge on the bottom?
That's what I said (I think) the discharge is coming right out of the bottom of the dryer.
Ok. yeah I can see that being an issue. I don't think I've ever seen that on a dryer.
fredhargis said:

That's what I said (I think) the discharge is coming right out of the bottom of the dryer.

You sure it isn't a toilet?
"Links to news stories don’t cut it."  MsNomer 3/2/24
Phil Thien said:

[blockquote]fredhargis said:

You sure it isn't a toilet?

[/blockquote]

Bwahahahaha !!! You owe me a new keyboard.
Ours was that way when we moved in (sort of) but I immediately changed it with the new washer dryer. I rebuilt the laundry room and stacked the units. We really like them stacked except the door on the washer can't be hinged on the other side. Easier to install than you would think.