Jet Air Filter replacement
I have the Jet 1000B air cleaner and have been using the non-washable filters. I looked into the washable filters and found they cost about $45. But then I found that Filter-Guru claims to have an American made version of this washable filter for $30. Has anyone tried the filters from Filter-Guru and if so how do they compare to the OEM version?

Thanks!
You can observe a lot just by watching. YB
The pre filter or the pocket filter? I have never seen a washable pocket filter but the pre-filter yes. There isn't anything special about the filters in the air cleaners. The internal filters are industry standard pocket or pouch filters depending on the unit and the pre filter is just a washable hvac filter on many.

What I do is use a washable pre-filter and just buy pocket filters online from whoever is cheapest with a merv rating 8 or higher.

I did pick up several pocket filters at the habitat store once as they were cheap. They are used in hospitals computer rooms and many ordinary commercial buildings due to the long filter life and good filtering. I was going to do a pocket filter for the hvac in the house if we were staying here.
I meant the pre-filter. But thanks for the good info on the pocket filter. I'll definitely look into that. I just heard back from Filter-Guru about the washable pre-filter. They told me theirs is a Merv 14 while the OEM is Merv 12. These numbers sound high to me. Sounds like from your comments that the less expensive non-OEM filter should be good. Thanks
You can observe a lot just by watching. YB
Merv 14 is very good. No reason not to go with it.