A microwave cart
Our daughter asked for a cart/stand for her kitchen. Decided to try something sturdy and cool. Went to a local stone supply and picked out some leftover fancy granit countertop and had it cut to size, and edges finished with a simple quarter round. Ordered some blank Red Oak legs from Adams Wood Products in TN. Picked up some RO 1x4 locally at Owl Hardwoods.

Ordered some nice polyurethane casters with threaded stems and brakes from Service Caster, and used brad hole weld nuts from Stafast that are drilled and counterbored into the bottom of the legs.

Borrowed a friend's Delta mortising machine, first time using one. Bolted to my bench for the project. Sharp bits really make a difference.

I am thinking of putting a drop in shelf along the bottom stretchers to hold cats or other kitchen stuff. ;&gt
Wink

Best regards,

John

Flickr folder for microwave cart

She will really like that one!
looks good
servojohn said:

Our daughter asked for a cart/stand for her kitchen. Decided to try something sturdy and cool. Went to a local stone supply and picked out some leftover fancy granit countertop and had it cut to size, and edges finished with a simple quarter round. Ordered some blank Red Oak legs from Adams Wood Products in TN. Picked up some RO 1x4 locally at Owl Hardwoods.

Ordered some nice polyurethane casters with threaded stems and brakes from Service Caster, and used brad hole weld nuts from Stafast that are drilled and counterbored into the bottom of the legs.

Borrowed a friend's Delta mortising machine, first time using one. Bolted to my bench for the project. Sharp bits really make a difference.

I am thinking of putting a drop in shelf along the bottom stretchers to hold cats or other kitchen stuff. ;&gt
Wink

Best regards,

John

Flickr folder for microwave cart

Nice work!
Alaskan's for Global Warming
Eagle River AK
Looks good add the shelf there is always something looking for a space in kitchen
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Let us know how she likes that, it looks like it is very well made, and the granite top puts it into a high $$$$$$ piece, even if you didn't spend that. Well done.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
She'll love it. And a cat shelf is a necessity. I love the stone top. She ever decides to put the MW somewhere else the cart could make a good cutting area.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.