6 in dust collection hose clamps
am reworking my dust collection system and am in need of 6inch quick re;lease round hose clamps- not the screw tight type but the squeeze tio open type Can find plenty iof 4 inch clamps. Anyone have a source for 6 in clamps? Thanx.
You'll note there is a multitude of screw type, either with a screwdriver, wrench, or thumbscrew in 6" size, There are not the pinch together wire type though. I have some of the 4" thinking them to be quick and easy to use. What I have found is they will not hold tight on my higher rated DC. On my junky less powerful DC they stay on fine. My conclusion is they aren't rated high enough for hold to work well on a 6" dc.

Having used the thumbscrew variety I can say they are fast, and you don't need a tool to swap them out. They also offer a sound hold with no slipping off of the tube from the DC male end. This may prove to be your only workable clamp.

A work around is to use a conventional clamp on a short piece of tube, and one of these at the end.

Then just screw the tube for the DC to the stub piece on the tool.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW