Gluing Veneer
What's the difference between gluing paperbacked veneer and veneer without any backing?
Jim
Good information on paperbacked veneer....

Paperbacked Veneer
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV
Thanks Klaz. I should have phrased my question differently. I'm familiar with paper backed veneer. But I have a package of non paper backed veneer and I was looking at using it but held it up to the light and can see small holes throughout. So if I apply adhesive as I normally do, I'm pretty certain it'll bleed through. What is the preferred method od applying none paper backed veneer?
Jim
Here you go....

Veneer Defects
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV
I reckon about any glue could be used, but hot hide glue is time tested traditional still used by many. The glue is applied to both sides prior to hammering. The hide glue will fill the holes if they are small they won't be noticeable.

Old Brown Glue is another if you don't have capability to warm.

Plenty of videos out there demonstrating the technique.