Mounting a wixey planner gauge
just bought wixey gauge set up for my grizzly 15 inch planner. Can't seem to find suitable location for mounting the vertical bar. Looking for help
I mounted an L piece of aluminum to the top casting of my planer to hold the top of the unit. Then I attached the slider portion to the pointer that was already on my planer. Here are two photos showing how mine is mounted.

I mounted my DRO to the left side. The bar mounts to the control box arm... top and bottom and the sliding reader attaches to the side of the planers adjustable table. I had to drill a small no10 hole into the cast iron and tap it to hold a small angle bracket to mount the reader. The bar was easy... just a self tapping screw into the on/off control mounts. I used washers to adjust the plumb-ness of the bar to match the height of the planer table. You can see it a bit in this pic.

http://web.alliancecom.net/brenner/woods...0x640).jpg
WoodNET... the new safespace
I made custom brackets, and my planer (G1021X2) had pre-existing mounting holes. I later realized I could've just gotten the Powermatic DRO and it would've bolted right up on my model. Go figure.