Veneering of door styles question
I am building an Arts & Crafts armoire from QSWO. On the door I want to employ a veneer that has Stickley inlaid decorations on it for each style. I glued the veneer to the QSWO styles and am waiting for them to dry.

It just occurred to me that the edges of the veneer will not be protected in any way. I am concerned that the edges would easily chip off. Are my fears unfounded? If not, any ideas of what I can do to protect the edges so they do not chip or de-laminate?
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm"
                                                                                                                        Winston Churchill
A good quality job gluing down the veneer helps. A very light chamfer will also help.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
I used veneer glue and applied it with a roller, getting a consistent good coat. I sandwiched the board between two pieces of MDF and used ten parallel clamps, alternating sides, on a style 6" wide by 54" long. It will remain in the clamps for three weeks. (I can't get back to the shop till then)
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm"
                                                                                                                        Winston Churchill
joemac said:

I used veneer glue and applied it with a roller, getting a consistent good coat. I sandwiched the board between two pieces of MDF and used ten parallel clamps, alternating sides, on a style 6" wide by 54" long. It will remain in the clamps for three weeks. (I can't get back to the shop till then)

I suspect the glue will be dry by then.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
This is what cockbeading is for.

Any kind of inlay strip or edge banding would work.
Joe, can you post photos of that?...in three weeks, of course.
Sure Mike, be glad to
                                                                                                                        Winston Churchill
Mike Brady said:

Joe, can you post photos of that?...in three weeks, of course.

Mike, took a while but here they are:

First is the four week clamp up.
" />

And second is the finished style (there are two of these)
" />

I hope to get back up there this weekend and plug along on this epic build.
                                                                                                                        Winston Churchill