Last Day for Northland Forest Products in Manassas, VA
My favorite lumberyard, Northland Forest Products, is closing tomorrow (4/16/16). Over the years they have provided me with QSWO at a very good price. Now they are selling most of their stock (except Mahogany and Walnut) at 25% off. I loaded up on QSWO to keep me busy for a while.

Now I need to find another source for rough-cut lumber. Any ideas? Colonial Hardwoods in Alexandria is ridiculously overpriced. TIA.

- Ray
That stinks! I am just getting back into woodworking and was planning a trip over there once I get my shop up and running. No money or space for lumber at the moment.
[Email]D@mn[/Email], I hit the wrong nail again
Seems there were plenty of trees the last time I was in Va. If there are trees, there is someone close by selling lumber. Some of the best places are small family run mills. Ask at the Barber shops. Hardware stores, and Firemen. Someone will tell you about a honey hole or 3.

Until then you can look at the bigger places
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
According to the website 4/29 is the last day. They are expanding the Troy VA location, but that is down near Charlottesville which is 2 hours from me (Fairfax). That being said, that is not too far for larger projects at least. Give my wife and I an excuse for a Saturday road trip.
Just called and confirmed tomorrow is the last day.
Colonial is indeed overpriced on almost everything. It's unfortunate because I work a minute away from them.

Vienna is better, but not very convenient. The traffic is bad pretty much all the time, but they do have good stuff at better prices than Colonial.

I was going to try C.P. Johnson in Remington. Further out, but not a bad drive on country roads.
Thanks. I've heard about Johnson as well.
Yikes! I've been going there for years. I was going tomorrow anyways, so I'm definitely going to say goodbye. Where am I going to find my pre finished plywood? Tart? TW Perry? How about surfaced poplar? Not the Borg, ugh!