Speaking of tool power switches.
The last one you'll ever need. Good old technology!

Perfect for the bandsaw, table saw, drill press, lights, and you could even mount it on the side of the orbital sander!

Every time I switched on my table saw I would laugh maniacally and yell, "It's alive, it's alive!"

And that would upset my wife.

Mike
I once worked in a room full of those old blade switches.
You better be steady on your feet working around those.
Safer version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpPMqUBKemo
I served as an Electrician's Mate on the USS Sperry AS-12. She was an AC electric propulsion ship. We had knife switches in the switchgear that were about 2 feet tall and 18 inches wide, they carried 3000 amps. Connected the generators to the main motor.

Al
Some people are like a Slinky. Not really good for anything but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy. Blessed are the peacemakers.
Ohio Mike said:

Every time I switched on my table saw I would laugh maniacally and yell, "It's alive, it's alive!"

And that would upset my wife.

and, no one has started talking (yet) about the issue of sparks and airborne sawdust. <-me
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
This was in the lobby of the EE building when I was in college. I was always amazed it wasn't completely destroyed...

Benny

bennybmn said:

This was in the lobby of the EE building when I was in college. I was always amazed it wasn't completely destroyed...

No warning labels.
Perhaps people weren't too dumb as to know the dangers back then?
Dumb folks do get into EE programs.

John
The company I work for was fined $14,000.00 by OSHA primarily because we were not using the proper switches on our machinery. For residential this might be OK. But in a factory, never.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.