A collection of original Chippendale drawings
A little more than a year ago I was reading Oliver Bracket's book which I believe is simply entitled, "Thomas Chippendale."
Anyway, in the book there is a description of a small collection of original drawings by Chippendale himself, found, and purchased at auction sometime in the early twentieth century. (Sometime in the twenties, I think) I read that, and never really thought too much about it until a few weeks ago. Then I discovered this directory of drawings in the MMA collection that can be viewed online.
Chippendale's "Director", his catalog of designs, derived from his drawings, but the engravings were executed by Matthew Darly. What I am linking to below are actual true Chippendales. These drawings would have been prepared by Chippendale for Darly to engrave. Many of the designs I have seen in the 3rd edition of "The Director", but some I have not.

https://archive.org/details/metropolitan...rter&page=3
This is cool.

Thanks for the reference.
chris