Replacing a Unisaw with a SawStop?
Have had the SS for over 3 years without any finger save incident. I never want one as the blade and new cartridge will cost money. Over 50,000 SS have been sold and I am one of the lucky and HAPPY owners.

The dc is the best in all the brands I know (when used with the above the table dust collection).

The quality and accuracy are the best I have ever experienced once you set up the fence properly. If you can afford it, get it -- second hand or brand new. It isn't that expensive, all things considered.

My neighbor makes two to three vacation trips a year but insists he cannot afford the SS...it's just a matter of priority. I value my hands, palms and fingers more than anything as I still have 25 to 30 years of woodworking to enjoy. I have no intention of trying to convince him to dump his rusty UNISAW. It's his hands and money.

If it matters, Frank Klausz and Chris Schwarz also own SS.

Simon
I wish my PM66 had a riving knife. I have often thought that I should have gotten a SS, but that would have meant that I wouldn't have a saw at all
Like Shoottmx, I like to use a 7 1//4" blade in my uni for ripping once in a while to save on the kerf. Is it that one cannot physically use a smaller blade in a SS or is it just that there would be no safety stop using it?
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!
CS just had a post on his Lost Art Press blog a few days ago on his experience with the SS after owning and using it for 33 months.
If I was given one I might consider replacing my 1950 Uni.

But honestly my only complaint with the old girl is the lack of a riving knife. Other than that she's been more than up to any task I've given her.
Peter Brown

I can fix that...

shop-time.net
one of the members here was making a riving knife for Unisaws.

I was going to get one, but never did.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

I went from a Uni to SS and am very happy with the SS.

Uni table is 27" deep and SS is 30" deep so wings are different but a length of 15 series 80/20 fills the gap nicely.

Duke
The PCS top is the same size as a Unisaw (27") the ICS is larger (30")
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who know binary and those who do not.
meackerman said:

one of the members here was making a riving knife for Unisaws.

I was going to get one, but never did.

Yeah, me too.

http://www.theborkstore.com/product.sc?productId=31

I'll just settle for a splitter!
Peter Brown

I can fix that...

shop-time.net
What is there not to like about a SawStop?