Removing A Handle From A Spigot
I've got a spigot at my well that has no hose bib attachment. I want to replace it but to get it off I have to remove the handle. there's no clearance to remove it with the handle attached. It looks something like this except no threading for a hose on it.

Am I correct in thinking that I just need to remove the nut around the handle and I can take the handle off? I don't want to be in a situation where I've got something I can't put back together, since the water will be off till the hose bib is installed. Google didn't come back with much on this.
unscrew the packing nut then unscrew the stem (you turn it as to open the valve then may have to pull it upwards. then do whatever it takes to remove the body.
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Thanks. That's about what I expected, just wanted to make sure.
If that doesn't get it go after it with an angle grinder
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

hmm I hadn't thought of that. I don't care about trashing that spigot. I'll have to find my angle grinder. It's still packed up somewhere.
a friend of mine had a water pressure valve in line and was stuck trying to get it out. I know he spent at least 2 hours before he called for help as that is the guy he is. I looked at his problem went to my car took out the angle grinder and shark bite a few minutes later he was back in business. He was torn between being happy and mad. Happy cause it was done and mad caused he would have never considered doing the job the way that got it done. I am pretty much an expert at breaking stuff in the case I new how to fix it too
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Bob10 said:

If that doesn't get it go after it with an angle grinder

Saws-all will be quicker and easier to control.

But I agree, its easier to cut it up than deal with the stem.

I'd like to see a picture to see how it went together.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
I know I can get the spigot unscrewed. I just have to get the handle off. It's screwed into a t-fitting that's attached to the pipe coming out of the well. There's not enough clearance between the cap on the well casing and the spigot to take the spigot off without removing the handle.
If you go the sawzall route be careful not to shake the stuff off the walls

Phil Thien

If I do cut it off I will use an angle grinder. I've had things that a sawzall couldn't cut before. I've not had much an angle grinder couldn't get through.