Festool is having a sale
http://www.festoolproducts.com/Festool-S...-s/409.htm
Alaskan's for Global Warming
Eagle River AK
Fixt. On May 1st they are having a sale. Some will allow you to pre order.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Wow, reading down that price list in one fast pass almost made pass out. With those prices even with the sale, their marketing plan doesn't revolve much around retired civil servants, that is clear. Ken
Thanks
Kinda like Powermatic sales? After they have a price increase every year or so..

I do wonder if the day will come when companies eventually price themselves out of business. I've owned Festool stuff andI know the story and understand the value but eventually, would I pay $1K for a dust extractor?

I run into the same thing with saw blades. I pay at dealer cost for a Forrest saw blade what I sell the Ridge for at retail and both are excellent blades made in America. Over time you wonder if there is a market for a $200 general purpose saw blade with annual price increases.
Wow, I did an amazon price history search on these vac.
Basically, since 2012, they have jumped in price about $230 (compared to today's non sale price)
I seem to remember paying maybe 400ish for mine a long time ago, and I thought that was crazy.

Nice vac, but the switch that turns the vac on automatically when the tool is used broke on mine within 2 years.
I like the bags (even though they are pricey)
But over $800 for a shop vac? Just nuts.
Ken Vick said:

Wow, reading down that price list in one fast pass almost made pass out. With those prices even with the sale, their marketing plan doesn't revolve much around retired civil servants, that is clear. Ken

They are priced for the baby boomers retirees and the 1%ers.

They are good tools but when you inspect them and compare at a component,construction and performance the price doesn't pass the sniff test. It isn't 100% higher cost better than others. In fact the construction in many cases is cheaper built than other brands.

Eventually there will be a stock market style correction.
Ken Vick said:

Thats not their target market.....its not the average DIY'er or light hobbyist.....its professionals, and the hobbyist with lots of disposable money.

Frankly, I have 6 festool items, and I only have them because I use them daily for my business. If I was only doing hobby stuff on weekends, I would have never dreamed of buying them.

Its no difference with cars for example....some folks buy the 15k KIA, some 150k Aston Martins. Both get you from point A to B.....but AM doesn't market to the Kia target market.

I get a kick out of people that complain about the price of things.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

Robert Adams said:

[blockquote]Ken Vick said:

They are priced for the baby boomers retirees and the 1%ers.

They are good tools but when you inspect them and compare at a component,construction and performance the price doesn't pass the sniff test. It isn't 100% higher cost better than others. In fact the construction in many cases is cheaper built than other brands.

Eventually there will be a stock market style correction.

[/blockquote]

I cant agree with that statement.

my ets125 has more than 2000 actual hours on it, and still going strong, with no parts replaced. I think the longest I used any other ROS before it puked out was maybe 9 months.....or less than 500 hours....

I was so impressed I bought their new brushless model....and its a beast...and they compare it to an air sander and I concur.

But again, to each their own. Opinions are free.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)