Shop Vac Hose Extension
Man...why are these things so stinking expensive? I need about 15 feet more length to my current 2-something inch shop vac hose. Problem is...it's mainly temporary so I really don't want to spend 30 bucks. Anyone jury rig something on the cheap before for this?
I don't understand this either. I've look around a lot for a cheap source, and even the cheapest is pricey. It seems like the kind of product that could be churned out by the mile without much effort. I'd love to know where the cost is in this stuff.
Years ago depot used to sell it by the foot on a big roll and had the ends to go with it. It's pricey today and much of the hoses now are those small 1 7/8 hoses that plug up as you use them.

Check craigslist I have seen some there at times
I just sucked it up & paid for it thru Shop-Vac.
I got one for my 2 gal job & another for my 16 gal monster.
Paid over $100 for them about 6-7 years ago.
Yeah...at this point I might as well buy a second vac and just use it's hose if/when needed.