Shop space in Burlington NC
Hello all,

I have been given a new ministerial assignment and I'll be moving to Burlington North Carolina in Late July.

I will be the Catholic Campus minister at Elon University. I am very excited about this new ministry.

However, the friary that I am moving into does not have anything, what-so-ever, available for shop space.

So, I know it is a long shot, but I figured that I'd ask here to see if anyone knew of some creative options where I could set up a modest hand tool/powertool shop in or around Burlington NC.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Peter

My "day job"
Janitor's closet, Shopsmith MK5. You know the drill.....
"These new regulations are going to fundamentally change the ways in which we try to avoid them" 

"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you"

I asked and I was told by the chaplain that is there now that there isn't any space.

I won't have my own building just my own office, I think.
Peter

My "day job"
You and I are finally gonna have to have that beer. I'm about 25 minutes from Elon. I don't know what your schedule will be like or how much free time you'll have but whenever you are settled you're welcome to hang out at my shop. PM me if you have any questions about the area.
Doesn't the university have a shop for their own needs and/or teaching purposes? Maybe a local high school shop???
fred@kingstonco.com
Peter,

The University has a Theater Design & Production major. I'm certain they have a wood shop, as that major does a lot of set construction. Perhaps a bit of negotiating would allow you access to their shop facilities.

"On and off campus scene shops, costume shops, and a design studio give our students hands on access to the tools, equipment and industry standard software utilized in theatrical design and production. Our production facilities feature a CNC robotic router table, a 1-6 scale theatre lab, state of the art lighting consoles and up to date sound and video editing software."
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Man, Padre...you move more often than that Buff Asian Dude does!!!!
Dumber than I appear
Fred Kingston said:

Doesn't the university have a shop for their own needs and/or teaching purposes? Maybe a local high school shop???

I know that they have a carpentry shop but that looks like it is part of the physical plant.

It is certainly something that I'm going to check out but I don't think they'll allow me a space being brand new... maybe after some time and getting to know the staff.

It will be something that I'm going to look into.
Peter

My "day job"
crokett™ said:

You and I are finally gonna have to have that beer. I'm about 25 minutes from Elon. I don't know what your schedule will be like or how much free time you'll have but whenever you are settled you're welcome to hang out at my shop. PM me if you have any questions about the area.

Wonderful!

I'll let you know.

I officially begin on August 1st.
Peter

My "day job"
Dumb_Polack said:

Man, Padre...you move more often than that Buff Asian Dude does!!!!

Teaching wasn't a great fit. :bigger:

I've got crazy ideas like discipline, strict deadlines, and consequences.

Peter

My "day job"