Shop space in Burlington NC
AHill said:

Peter,

The University has a Theater Design & Production major. I'm certain they have a wood shop, as that major does a lot of set construction. Perhaps a bit of negotiating would allow you access to their shop facilities.

Great idea, thank you.
Peter

My "day job"
Peter Tremblay said:

Teaching wasn't a great fit. :bigger:

I've got crazy ideas like discipline, strict deadlines, and consequences.

Padre you are sounding a lot like some Nuns who I had through elementary school. Did you rap knuckles with a ruler?
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW

No not at all.

That's long gone
Peter

My "day job"
Peter Tremblay said:

[blockquote]Fred Kingston said:

Doesn't the university have a shop for their own needs and/or teaching purposes? Maybe a local high school shop???

I know that they have a carpentry shop but that looks like it is part of the physical plant.

It is certainly something that I'm going to check out but I don't think they'll allow me a space being brand new... maybe after some time and getting to know the staff.

It will be something that I'm going to look into.

[/blockquote]

Can't you threaten them that you are on a first name basis with someone that can smite them pretty easily?
They were some sadistic old bitties with a mean streak. Would make mob hitmen look like pansies. These were a few of the nicer ones.

Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Congratulations on your new call. I'm sure you will be able to find a solution for shop space. Some good possibilities have already been mentioned.
Peter, when you get there check out the Triad Woodworkers Assn in Greensboro, not far away, you might find out more about available shop space. Link:

http://triadwoodworkers.webs.com/
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Thanks,

Will do
Peter

My "day job"
You are a half hour from Roy Underhills shop. Maybe you can teach there on weekends??
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm"
                                                                                                                        Winston Churchill
Box truck?
Mike

Non impediti ratione cogitationis