Blessed Mother
Maybe a strange request but not for me. My Mom passed away in Jan this year and I have been in the process of selling the home. One thing that I want to take with me is the statue of the Blessed Mother which she always had in her back yard and she cherished this. I want to make some sort of a pedistal to sit this on with some flowers flanking it.

I was wondering if anyone here has something like this in their yards and if they would share some photos so I may get some ideas. My Mom had hers basically sitting on a stone surrounded by flowers but i want to raise it somewhat. Thanks in advance.
John T.
The Italians in SF used to make what amounts to a cove out of stones so protect the statue from the elements and allow for candles with less chance of blowing out. I tore one down recently for a friend that was selling his house and didn't want to scare off chinese buyers

Somehing like this

Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Sorry for your loss.

Try a garden center. They have all kinds of landscape stones and things for setting flower pots. Pick what goes best with the house.

Twinn
Will post for food.
Bob10 said:

The Italians in SF used to make what amounts to a cove out of stones so protect the statue from the elements and allow for candles with less chance of blowing out. I tore one down recently for a friend that was selling his house and didn't want to scare off chinese buyers

Somehing like this

Yeah, called a "grotto" and in my neck of the woods there were a lot of Italian stone masons who built them for the churches, and then smaller ones in their back yards. Clearly a regional thing.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

Apparently I'm becoming redneck. I was sitting here thinking you could use an old bathtub and then put the stones around it.
crokett™ said:

Apparently I'm becoming redneck. I was sitting here thinking you could use an old bathtub and then put the stones around it.

Quite popular around here. We have one at the family farm.
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

Very popular in a lot of places.

We call them "bath tub Mary" on the professionals side of things
Peter

My "day job"
Being a New Englander, around here we call it a Mary in a Halfshell.
Bob, you coulda saved a lot of work by replacing Mary with a Buddha statue. To the OP, sorry for your loss. I like the stone grotto idea, but it seems like a lot of work.