Interesting shop light
The Hyperikon Street Lighting LED 20W is 140W equivalent and uses a standard Edison base. So if you have little or unused Edison base fixtures this may be a good way to boost shop lighting with minimum effort. They also make higher wattage lamps. These provide pretty uniform light so you need a fixture if you want to direct the light. The color temp is 5,000K (irrelevant for WW) and the CRI (important for color matching) is 83 which is marginal.
homo homini lupus
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Quodcumque potest manus tua facere instaner opere Ecclesiastes
Stay away from those cob bulbs. Lots of issues with them. Usually the electrocution type of problems as they are a very poor design.
Robert

Please expand your cryptic comment. What is a "cob" bulb and why is the design dangerous?

Doug
They are called cob bulbs because they look like a corn cob. Most of them have line voltage at the little circuit boards that the leds are on. Very poor or no isolation. Very easy to get shocked if you screw the bulb in while the socket is powered.

There may be safe ones but so far most of them have proven to be poor designs. Type corn cob led bulb in you tube and you will find many examples.
No problems with these. Many of the ones with the shock problems were not UL listed and more were improperly installed. If you are replacing a sodium or mercury vapor there is wiring needed to bypass the ballast. Some fixtures don't have an easily available ground so there is some work that needs to be done for safe use that gets skipped.
homo homini lupus
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Robert Adams said:

Stay away from those cob bulbs. Lots of issues with them. Usually the electrocution type of problems as they are a very poor design.

I would say the issues are with lack of understanding as to what is being purchased. Part of the fault is on the buyer, and part of the fault is on the seller.

YOU HAVE TO BYPASS THE BALLAST TO USE THESE. That is the part that buyers miss and sellers forget (sometimes on purpose to get a sale) to mention.

I have been selling these "corn cob" lamps to electrical contractors now for while. Never had a problem with them. I am selling a different (maybe better) brand.
If it wasn't for last minute, nothing would get done.

Visit my site for project pics and videos: dlgwoodwork.com
dlgWoodWork said:

[blockquote]Robert Adams said:

I would say the issues are with lack of understanding as to what is being purchased. Part of the fault is on the buyer, and part of the fault is on the seller.

YOU HAVE TO BYPASS THE BALLAST TO USE THESE. That is the part that buyers miss and sellers forget (sometimes on purpose to get a sale) to mention.

I have been selling these "corn cob" lamps to electrical contractors now for while. Never had a problem with them. I am selling a different (maybe better) brand.

[/blockquote]

I'm not saying there aren't good ones but all the ones I have seen personally and online aren't safe. In an enclosed fixture that you don't touch the bulb when it's powered even the unsafe ones are fine.

I'm still doing the led whole replacements for wall packs but if this is a quality bulb I'd give it a try.(especially for the 400 watt and up units) But most inspectors and electricians stay away from the cob lights as their reputation is not good.
OK two things:
First some of the cob were sold as hobbyist kits and not safe at all. The UL approved ones have a water proof plastic cover IP69. These will screw into an ordinary medium or mogul Edison base with out wiring changes unless you are replacing a lamp with a ballast.
Second these present no hazzard as they are IP69 so no dust or water problem. They put out a lot more light per $ than CF or tubes. While the CRI isn't great it's alright except for color matching and better than most Flos.
homo homini lupus