9" RAS blade options
Thinking about a new blade for my Dewalt MBF 9" ras.
Not much out there in 9"
I was thinking of getting a 8 1/2" blade. Negative hook of course.

What are you guys using, and any good sources would be appreciated.
Thinking the 8 1/2" will give slightly more power to the saw.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
When I first restored my MBF, I was able to get a 9" RS2000 blade from Ridge Carbide (through Holbren) for it about 6-7 years ago. These blades have a hook that's about 0ยบ, and they work very well. That was the only 9" I could find and it wasn't cheap even through Brian. I think they may have quit making those, and I had been using the 8 1/2" . Freud LU91 . It works just as well, maybe a little better and you only give up 1/4" of cutting depth, which might be a good thing on the 3/4 HP saws. I always bought the one in the link that doesn't have that awful red coating. They also only charge $1 to ship (I think).
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Pirate said:

Thinking about a new blade for my Dewalt MBF 9" ras......

What are you guys using, and any good sources would be appreciated....

Delphi Dewalt Radial Arm Saw forum said:

Forum experience has found the following 3 blades are the best for use on the RAS:

Forrest WW1 TCP Needs to be ordered by telephone directly from Forrest in their NJ office.
Freud LU83R
Forest WW1 48T for ripping. Needs to be ordered by telephone directly from Forrest

I have the WW1 TCP and have never regretted the purchase. I use it for both crosscuts and rips.

Mine is pretty old. Back then if you mentioned you were a Delphi Dewalt RAS member you got a discount. Not sure if that is still the case.
They still make them Fred, would be $99 delivered. Shipping is free. Would be a 9" 60T miter blade RS1000 series.
Good to know, thanks!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I still have not purchased the blade, but the second highest recommended blade for the MBF and other smaller DeWalts over on the Delphi group, is the LU83 blade. The LU83 does not come in a 9" blade. The recommended modern blade size, though, is 8" that is due to even thin kerf carbide blades still being thicker than the HSS blades these old saws were designed to use, so the trade off (both in conserving the available power and reducing strain on the motor) is to use a smaller diameter blade. If you're set on using a 9" blade, however, the full kerf equivalent is the LU84.

I am still using a 8-1/2" 60t Freud Diablo CMS blade that I bought at HD years ago. It works OK, but does not leave a very clean cut, from what I gather over on the Delphi forum is that the LU83 leaves a nice, clean cut. I actually got really clean cuts using an Oldham (I think, may have been an Irwin blade) 10" 60t blade that I bought from HD before I knew any better (when my dad gave me the saw, also an MBF, he had a 10" blade on it), it left a nice clean cut, but the saw would bog down in hardwood or cutting 2x material.

Paul
Paul
They were right, I SHOULDN'T have tried it at home!
Pirate,

Forrest makes a really nice 9" Woodworker I blade for radial arm saws. It's pricy, but does a great job. I've had one on my Rockwell Super 900 for a long time and can vouch for it.

Hank
I bought a 8 1/2" Hitachi on my Dewalt (because it was the only one Lowes had left in stock LOL) and it works just fine for years now. Can't justify a Benjamin for an extra 1/2" that I really don't use.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis