semi-OT: it's always something, LOML hit a curb with her car edition
LOML decided to play F1 driver with the car yesterday. She misjudged a turn and rammed the curb with the passenger side wheel. Car still had snow tires on it, which I think is a good thing because she only ruined a steel rim instead of one of the stock aluminum rims. In addition to ripping out the wheel well lining big sigh The only good thing about this is she noticed that my car is overdue for an inspection, which I probably woudn't have figured out until I got pulled over

No saving the rim, but the tire looks to be just fine. Is it worth having someone mount it to see if it's ok?
My guess is that the tire maybe toast also. You can break belts and not see them for a little while - happened to my wife. Broken belts is a safety issue IMO. You can have someone look it it. But I would consider replacing the tire.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
EricU said:

No saving the rim, but the tire looks to be just fine. Is it worth having someone mount it to see if it's ok?

Take it to a tire place to have the rim replaced. Let them decide if the tire is OK.
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

John Mihich said:

My guess is that the tire maybe toast also.

Yeah, this. I'm pretty skeptical you could apply enough force through the tire to the rim to bend the wheel, without damaging the tire in the process.

Unless of course that the curb impact was solely on the side of the rim and not the tire ... possible I suppose.
Used to be an ase master tech. Trash the tire and get a new one. It might be fine for a while but at some point it'll start to come apart. Usually a bubble on the tire causing a vibration for a while before the tire blowing out completely.
I've put good tires on bent rims, but never a bad tire on a good rim.
my daughter was trying to make some sort of point about me adopting another project, which I really don't need. And I realized it would be a lot less of a project just to get a tire mounted on a rim. Thanks for the opinions, I guess you all are probably right, not worth taking a risk.