A few WoodNetters Meet Up (sic) in Kansas City.
Last week, Blaine and his lovely bride were in Kansas City and a few of us got together Tuesday night. WN's own illustrious K.L. McReynolds (Mac) and MrsMac were in attendance, and Rob Young and I were happy to welcome him back to KC for another visit.

We took advantage of the occasion to have a friendly meal together at a local restaurant of some repute, Stroud's. Over some of the finest fried chicken, livers, gizzards, mashed 'taters, and good brews, we killed a few hours in ribald revelry until we were forcibly removed from the establishment due to closing time.

Here's a pic of the rabble rousers themselves. Seated you have from left to right, Rob Young, MrsMac, Blaine'sBabe, and Blaine. Back Row is Mac and myself. The ladies mostly kept us in check, but you can't keep down true hooligans like Mac and Blaine for long...

Great folks, all. I was lucky to be counted in such esteemed company!

" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Glad y'all had a great time! I can attest that Blaine is fine company, having met him and spent some time with him at several of the early WIA's. Not sure about the rest of you, but if Blaine hanged with you that long, that's endorsement enough for me.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
where am I?

Oh, yeah, I do have 2 planes and a draw knife.

Was great meeting Blaine and LOHL. Have met previously with the other two fellas. Was a really good time!
What, no bbq??? Sounds like a fun time anyway. I had the pleasure of meeting Blaine at WIA in Cincinnati a few years back, and had a nice dinner with Greg and Rob in KC last fall. Always fun to meet other woodnetters.

Jonathan

I only regret the tools I didn't buy!

“Think about it: Everything with a power cord eventually winds up in the trash.” John Sarge
Thanks for sharing, I am sure that was good time. It is great when you can meet a few of the Boy's and Gal's. Oh by rhe way the meal sounded yummy being a Southerner those are my kind of eats, and yes I like BBQ and we have to throw in Grits, biscuits and gravy as well.

Steve
Jonathan S said:

What, no bbq??? Sounds like a fun time anyway. I had the pleasure of meeting Blaine at WIA in Cincinnati a few years back, and had a nice dinner with Greg and Rob in KC last fall. Always fun to meet other woodnetters.

Jonathan

Mrs. and Mr. Blaine were on a BBQ and blues tour so we wanted to give them a little bit of a break. Their gastro-intestional systems, not so much.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
And I was only 130 miles away. Wish I could have been there.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Thanks for the post. Always nice to put a face to the name.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020