A Sports Car Whittled Out of Wood
A supercar made out of wood...

http://www.wsj.com/articles/a-sports-car...1461681364

Cheers
That's a pretty sweet looking car.
The "Splinter" was on display at IWF several years back.

It was NOT whittled or carved. The body panels are formed plywood. Titebond sponsored the car display at the IWF show.

Ralph
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
handi said:

It was NOT whittled or carved. The body panels are formed plywood. Titebond sponsored the car display at the IWF show.

Ralph

If a fender falls off, Titebond will disown him.
I don't think I can call myself a woodworker anymore. I'm more like a just-playing-around making believe-I'm-a-wood-fooler-arounder.
No. I only do that when I'm drunk. : )
In HS we got a lot of the wooden mock-up parts from the automakers then in Detroit. Mahogany, largely, and sometimes you could piece several together and recognize the vehicle they helped create.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
handi said:

Ralph

I remember following his progress over the years when he started - he documented much of it. Glad to see the thing is still alive and well!
handi said:

Ralph

In the article, he says: "For these body panels, I used two large looms and wove the wood into a kind of cloth."
Still Learning,

Allan Hill