Mini Split for Workshop
I'm finishing the insulation on my new workshop and it's hot. I want to put in a mini split. I had a Daikin back in MI but wondering if there are any better choices down here in SC.
Daikin is a good choice so are many others. I like LG as well. The cheaper brands are fine for shops and other places that aren't cooled all the time.

The key is to find a unit that has a good filter. The cheaper brands use basically a window unit air filter and it will let all the dirt through. If you have good dc it's not a big deal but it's still nice to be able to put a good filter in.
I have a 2 ton window unit in my shop which I tape a pre filter over the front of it. It helps with the dust but the fines still get in and coat the coil.
I've narrowed my favorites down to Daikin and Mitsubishi.

See if someone or yourself can design an add-on filter system for it. They are very hard to clean and expensive to clean if it needs removing to do so.

Maybe just filter material draped over the front. I do that with my a/c.
I've heard they don't like dust.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
I have a very good dust collection. I have more dust on things in the house than in my workshop. I will drape some filter cloth over the unit.