Pressure Washers
I need to get a pressure washer. Trying to decide between a Generac at Home Depot and a Subaru at Costco.
Here is the Home Depot one...
Generac
It is on sale for $339 and I have a 10% off coupon so $305.

Here is the Costco one...
Subaru
It is $299 but there is a $30 off coupon starting on May 5th. So $269.

Both are 3100 PSI and the Generac is 2.8 GPM, the Subaru is 2.4 GPM. Any thoughts?
I got this Rigid 3000 psi, 2.6 gpm unit from HD last year, and so far it's been great. Enough for my needs. I just finished using it a few minutes ago, in fact.

Subaru engine is the latest name for what I remember as Wisconsin Robin engines, made by Fuji Heavy Industries. I've heard some complaints that it's hard to start when hot, but if you bleed off the pressure at the gun, it fires right up on half a pull. It also has a Cat pump.

I know it's more than you wanted to spend, but I'm bringing up mine because of the Subaru engine, which seems to be perfectly good.

Rigid pressure washer linky-dink
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
I would like the cat pump but I use one a couple times a year. I just can't justify the cost difference.
I got one at Lowe's last year (forget the brand, it was on clearance) but I got one of those "oscillating" nozzles for it and I love it!

It gives you the BLAST of the 0 degree jet but moves fast enough that you don't get the damage

definitely makes things go quicker.
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
I would go for the Subaru. The Robins engines are known to be very long lasting and durable.
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who can read binary code and those who can't.

"To be against hunting, fishing and trapping you have to be spiritually stupid." Ted Nugent
I have the generac. It's a very good machine. Bought it at sams for $225. The throttle control is nice for the few things I wash and need less pressure. I do like how the handle folds and doesn't take as much room to store.
My next one will be a much higher flow and pressure for using with a water sandblaster attachment.

Generac has a history of good engines and are still good even though they are owned by briggs now. I was worried that briggs would lower the quality be but so far they have let generac remain on its own.

The Subaru was robin which was Wisconsin robin is a very good engine. Better engine than the Honda imo and by many reliability tests as well.

Both are good machines but I would still lean toward the generac.