Dewalt 7790 ras opinions from owners?
Got a chance to pickup a Dewalt 7790 ras for a decent price. I have a Dewalt MBF 9" saw now, and they are similar designs. The arm lock is great. The MBF is a great saw, but I could use the extra capacity.

Anyone have one or had one, with good or bad opinions?
Thanks in advance.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
I had one for a couple years, good saw. I found a deal on a Delta turret arm that I restored, so sold the Dewalt. I bought it for $110 and sold it for $130.
I don't have, nor have ever had one. But that's still one of the solid cast iron arm saws and will serve you well...along with more capacity and power. That (the power) was the only downside I saw to my now-gone MBF,
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Upgraded from 7740 to the 7790 a few years ago. Made and installed a Mr.Sawdust table, spent an afternoon dialing it in. Have both a Forest WW1 TCP (special order) and a couple of Leitz blades I bought from a guy on this forum.

With the 7740 I really struggled to get through a 2x in one pass. Not so with my 7790. Well tuned, sharp quality blade, makes life a lot simpler.

A nice saw.
TablesawTom gave me a 1956 AMF DeWalt. I taken it all apart and clean off all the rust and replaces the mount bearings and a few other bearings. I had an Electrical friend take the motor home and he said it looks and runs like brand new.

I painted all the parts and putting it back together and can not wait to use it.

I did find a person could pick different size arms up to 4' long and for industrial could go up to 6' with a 36" blade and 5hp motor.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Arlin Eastman said:

TablesawTom gave me a 1956 AMF DeWalt. I taken it all apart and clean off all the rust and replaces the mount bearings and a few other bearings. I had an Electrical friend take the motor home and he said it looks and runs like brand new.

I painted all the parts and putting it back together and can not wait to use it.

I did find a person could pick different size arms up to 4' long and for industrial could go up to 6' with a 36" blade and 5hp motor.

Arlin

What does this have to do with a 7790? Have you had one of those too?
I picked up the 7790 today. Real nice saw.
Now to find homes for the Red Star and Dewalt MBF saws. I'm sure they will make the new owners smile. Both great saws.
" />
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
Really looks like a nice one, congrats......
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.