Anchor Brand #6 Plane
On my rusthunt at the fleamarket today I found an Anchor brand #6 plane for $15. Anchor brand is Jermbolaget 's easy to pronounce brand name . They were one of Sweden's biggest toolmakers in Ekilstuna. I was gleefully thinking of a E.A.Berg quality plane blade. Imagine my disappointment when I got it home and I found a modern aftermarket English Stanley blade installed. Oh well, it's a nice corrugated plane with beech knob and tote, a candidate for a LV blade and cap iron.
A man of foolish pursuits
Pics?

Cause we like pics.

carl
+1, we need PICS! I've never seen one.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I'm sorry, I'm just an old phart. Even typing is painfully slow.

The plane is good looking, the medium green contrasts nicely with the clear finished beech. Outside of the Anchor where Bailey would be, and the Made In Sweden where Made In USA would be ,and Anchor on it's kidney holed lever cap instead of Stanley, it's like any other #6. I found a Record #6 a few weeks back. It's blue and rosewood is a little classier. The Anchor has fairly flat chipbreaker, which I would question it's usefulness.

Ray
Here's a picture of Bob's #6c https://forum.canadianwoodworking.com/fo...on-hand-planes=

Mine isn't as nice, the tote has a chipped horn and flacking varnish.