Lost a center
Somehow I lost the little point that goes in the hollow cup center of my Nova live center. This piece (on the left):

Just that little tiny center, and apparently I can't buy a replacement. That sucks, because that is my go to live center.
Frank
Had the same thing happen, shop was only 10'x12', never found it. Ended up turning a hardwood live center, epoxied in a steel shaft and attached that to the cone. Made a great wooden live center.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
I bet you could make one from a piece of brass rod from the hardware. Could probably even file one from mild steel.
Steve K

I wonder if a Oneway replacement tip would fit.
Jason

I think you need a deep cleaning, aka move everything. Unless you threw it away by mistake it must be there somewhere.
Don
Jason28 said:

I wonder if a Oneway replacement tip would fit.

And they sell the replacement tip for only $3.95 via CSUSA. It looks a bit longer than the Nova tip but it's worth a try. It also has a part number (Hollow Cup Center Point - 5003). You could call Nova and see if they can send a replacement.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I've also lost the small center I'm curious to learn if there is anyway to get one? I'll be watching thanks.
Tim J. Chase said:

I've also lost the small center I'm curious to learn if there is anyway to get one? I'll be watching thanks.

Sorry, I found it!

Yeah I do need to do a deep cleaning, but before I went to bed I took one last look at found it a pile of shavings.

The brass rod idea was a good one!
Turn more green wood. The moisture/corrosion will hold the taper real tight.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
Sounds like a market niche to me. Perhaps someone would be willing to manufacture a few for those in need. I don't have a way of turning metal but I'm sure there are those on Woodnet that do.
Train to be miserable...
that way when the real misery starts you won't notice.