Bottle Stopper
Can anyone post a pic of the correct way or at least the way they mount a bottle stopper blank on their lathe I am not sure if I have been doing it right all these times I have been making them. Plus I want to turn the inside top half of the stopper but I need to see what I am doing wrong.
There is a good tutorial on Ruth Niles website. You can google it and check it out.
I always drilled the hole first and put it between centers until I was almost done then use a rod into the hole to finish turning.

Not that I am cheap just not enough money to buy everything we need, however it works really well.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
i think i've got about 4 of PSI's bottle stopper chucks -- that's how i mount and turn bottle stoppers.

it's basically just a screw chuck, and works great for turning smaller stuff too -- like thimbles!
I use Ruth Niles mandrel for stoppers.
http://nilesbottlestoppers.com/Woodturning.html

Doug